1842 – a Church, Convict Probation Station and Hotel
St. Andrews Church of England is completed. The Convict Probation Station in Franklin Street is completed. The Westbury Convict Probation Station Superintendent’s home in William Street is completed. The Berriedale Hotel on the Meander Valley Road opens and the first Licensee is Mr. William John Forbes .Reverend John Bishton purchases another large allotment of land.