1833 – Second Westbury Inn, New Surgeon
A second Westbury Inn is completed for Mr Whitehead on the corner of King and William Streets. The two-storey brick public house was licensed on 21st December 1833.
Lt. Charles Lonsdale is placed in charge of the local garrison with a detachment of 21st Foot . Dr.J. Clerke arrives to take on the position of Assistant District Surgeon. He is later succeeded by Dr. M.R.Loane.