1828 – First streets, Westbury named
Lieutenant Governor George Arthur orders the laying out of the village. Anticipating that Westbury would flourish and expand, provision is made for 126 miles of streets and roads. He names Westbury on the 5th of July 1828.
Lieutenant H. Dexter arrives and is placed in charge of what was initially the newly formed convict settlement. The garrison is guarded by a detachment of the 63rd Foot Regiment which consisted of one sergeant, one corporal and 27 private soldiers.